Covid – 19 (Novel coronavirus) Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
Covid – 19 or novel coronavirus is an infectious virus that has threatened lakhs of lives in months only. This disease is nothing unknown to 21st-century people. The disease was SARS CoV – 2 viruses.
The treatments for corona are not so easy and serious medical attention is required. The disease affects the old aged people the most, although every age group have experienced it. The virus leads to respiratory sickness causing weak metabolism, restlessness, and moderate or severe fever.
The virus is completely contagious and can spread through the air also.
The name Covid –19 was officially recognized by the world health organization on 11th February 2020. The name is referred to because it was a new vital found in the year 2019 from the coronavirus family and seemed to be crowned –shaped under the microscope.
The first case ever for the Covid – 19 was in Wuhan, China. After that, the disease became a pandemic and spread worldwide.
The virus can even transfer from animals to humans. The world health organization stated the novel corona virus as a public health emergency on January 30, 2020.
The time was really depressing for almost everyone. People have locked un their homes unwanted, and the doctors and policemen worked hard to control the spread.
However, instead of so many efforts, countries couldn’t control the infection and the disease took the lives of many innocent people. Many warriors of India including the doctors and army men lost their lives saving others.
Vaccines like covaxin, covisheild, and others are available but they do not guarantee 100% prevention, they just reduce the risk of the virus.
Common causes of spread of corona virus
• Physical and close contact with people or animals
• Air respiratory droplets
• Touching infected surfaces like chairs, sitting on public park tables, etc.
• Asymptomatic transmission (someone who is infected but has experienced no symptoms).
• Presymptomatic transmission (someone who is infected but has not developed symptoms till now)
Complications assocuated with corona virus include –
• Multi-Organ damage like kidney, heart, or lung disease.
• Blood clotting
• Septic shock
• Depression and anxiety
People with following issues can have more risk of getting affected by corona –
• Very weak immune system
• Brain disorders
• Lung disease or another respiratory disease
• High blood pressure
• Unhygienic lifestyle
• Down syndrome
There are cases where Many people suffering from Covid 19 don’t experience any symptoms. Also, there are many who get symptoms like cough and fever but do not have corona. Tests can only prove what’s right. Symptoms can appear within 2-3 days. Common signs and symptoms for Covid detection can be –
• Cough and cold
• Restlessness and tiredness
• Difficulty in breathing
• Body ache
• Nausea and vomiting
• Chest pain
• Conjunctivitis or swollen eyes
• Sore throat
• Runny nose
• Pale or bluish skin
If you went for the Covid test and you are found Covid positive, things need not be delayed and immediate treatment is required. As corona is a dangerous virus that can lead to death easily, you need to go for medical attention if you find common symptoms for more than two days.
• Taking vaccines is the foremost step everyone must go to prevent themselves from Covid.
• Avoid physical or close contact with anyone
• Wear a mask while going out
• Avoid crowded places
• Do regular hand wash
• Do not go to public places
• Sanitize your house and your surrounding
• Do not go out of your home unnecessarily
• Travel to safe places where Covid cases are very less
• Eat home–made healthy foods
Myths created about corona virus
Fact – although corona can spread through animals , but it cannot spread through insects and mosquitoes. It can spread through specific animals only.
Fact – no , this is a myth. There is no study or evidence of proof.
Fact – this is also a myth as there is no proof for this.
Fact – no , the virus can transmit in seconds of physical contact.
Fact – no , the virus can survive in all temperature.
Fact – vaccine just reduces the risk of getting affected by Covid but it does not ensure you 100% prevention. The result depends on your further safety and precautions steps.
The healthcare specialists diagnose Covid – 19 by the following methods –
• Screening tests
• Nasopharyngeal swab
• Throat swab
Treatments provide include
• Complete 14 days of isolation for 14 days in a well-ventilated room.
• Fluid drinks
• Pain relievers (with or without side effects)
• Antiviral medications like paxlovid, bebtemovimab, molnupiravir, and others. (all approved by the FDA).
• Arthritis drug treatment
• corticosteroid dexamethasone
• convalescent plasma therapy
Answer – the virus generally stays for about 14 days to a month
Answer – the vaccines does mot involve any internal problems. It just lead to a little body ache , headache , mild fever for just a day or a two.
Answer – yes , to be honest corona virus is really a fatal disease