Jaundice disease symptoms, Yellow skin, Treatment, Signs and Causes
Jaundice is a medical condition where the person’s skin becomes highly yellowish and the eyes whiten and discolours due to elevation of bilirubin in their blood. It is most common among young children but it can affect people of any age. Bilirubin occurs when there is any kind of breakdown in the red blood cells of the human body.
If anyone is seen with pale yellow skin and Eyes or if they go through dark and yellow colour urination, it is a sure sign.
Occurrence is caused by many things and a poor Lifestyle causes the generation of the amount of bilirubin in the body.
Someone who is taking regular drugs without the prescription of their doctor may have a higher risk of generating in themselves or people going for substance abuse like alcohol and smoking are more prone to get affected by the disease.
However, the disease is easily preventable if you are following a Healthy lifestyle, having a properly balanced diet managing stress, having Limited consumption of alcohol, exercising regularly, having protected and safe sex and going for a regular medical check-ups can easily reduce the risk of getting affected from any kind of disease in themselves.
Signs of Jaundice
• Pale, yellowish colour of your skin and Eyes
• Dark and yellowish urine
• Change in the structure of your stool passage
• Mild or moderate level fever
• Continuous irritated and tickled the skin
• Appetite loss
• Unexpected weight loss
• Restlessness and dizziness
• Lack of enzymes in your body
• Brain haemorrhage
• Sepsis issues
• Biliary atresia
• Abnormal function of your liver
• Suffering from other viral infection
Prehepatic occurs before the secretion of bilirubin in the liver. The disease can lead to autoimmune disorders like nausea, diarrhoea and malaria.
the hepatic stage is said to be when the condition starts generating inside the liver which can cause hepatitis and liver disease.
when the medical state arises after the secretion of bilirubin in the liver causing bladder issues and cancer it is the posthepatic stage
• Your age – Although jaundice can affect people of any age children are more prone to jaundice
• Your race – people of East Asia are found to get jaundice more easily than people in other parts of the world
• Premature birth of your child
• Kernicterus – kernicterus is a medical condition which leads to permanent damage to the human brain. The disease leads to hearing loss vision loss on controlled body movement and unhealthy tooth enamel.
• Acute bilirubin encephalopathy – this is also the disease which is most common in children. The disease affects your brain and can lead to abnormalities like fever and the inability to walk and learn new things in children.
• Maintain a healthy weight
• Limit alcohol and smoking
• Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids
• Have a properly balanced diet with an adequate amount of high fibrous foods
• Exercise regular
• Practice yoga and meditation
• Learn to manage your stress in this busy lifestyle
• For babies, provide them with a proper amount of breastfeeding but also note to avoid excess breastfeeding
Fact – jaundice is not really a disease but a medical condition where your body start secreting excess amount of bilirubin.
Fact – this is a partial myth. Yes jaundice left untreated can lead to various severe complications but the death rate of Jaundice is very low and every person suffers from jaundice at least one in their lifetime so it’s quite common and easy to get rid of.
Fact – this is a big myth. Exposure to sunlight to someone suffering from jaundice can really worsen the state as it can lead to sunburn and dehydration.
• M• Blood analysis
• Urine test
• Physical test
• Skin test with transcutaneous bilirubin meter
• Stool sample (if necessarily needed)
• Study pre-health issues of the person
• Phototherapy or light therapy – special lights are provided in the spectrum
• To change the shape of bilirubin in your body to let them excrete through urine and stool passage
• Intravenous fluids
• Blood transfusions
• Vitamin and enzyme supplements
• Babies are provided with more breastfeeding by their mother
• Antibiotic drugs
Answer – jaundice is actually more common then you think. Every 9 out of 10 children suffers jaundice at least once in their life
Answer – mild level jaundice can easily be treated within one week or two . however jaundice in severe may take months to get treated.
Answer – jaundice is not really fatal and almost all the cases of Jaundice are easily treated. But jaundice left and treated can lead to really hazardous complications like cancer which are the ultimate cause of death.