Signs of Leukemia, Causes, Diagnosis and Symptoms
Leukaemia is a type of blood cancer which is usually found in the bone marrow and the lymphatic structure. Leukaemia is mostly found in the white blood cells and when leukaemia is found in Once bone marrow the body starts generating a lot of unwanted and unusual white blood cells called as leukaemia cells.
With time the leukaemia cells take control over the normal white blood cells causing health hazards like internal bleeding anaemia high fever weakness and bruising conditions.
The exact cause of leukaemia is still unknown and confusing but the various factor which develops the disorder includes family history/hereditary, going for radiation therapy from a very young age, exposure to harmful toxins in the environment and suffering from some other blood disease in the past.
Leukaemia is divided into many types and the treatment for cancer very widely depends upon the type of leukaemia one suffers from.
• Acute leukaemia – the blood cells of acute leukaemia is very Rapid and multiply very fast. Therefore, the symptoms of acute leukaemia are visible and worsen very easily.
• Chronic leukaemia– the blood cells in chronic leukaemia grow and multiply very slowly and the versioning symptoms are visible after a very long period of time. Many people who have chronic leukaemia don’t even know that they have blood cancer Till they come to their last stage.
• Lymphocytic leukaemia – lymphocytic leukaemia district the lymphocyte cell tissues and disrupt the functioning of your immune system.
The symptoms of leukaemia vary widely depending on the type of leukaemia you have. Moreover, the most common symptoms found in all leukaemia patients include the following-
• High fever
• constant dizziness
• unexplained continuous fatigue
• Unwanted and unexpected sudden weight loss
• Skin rashes
• Continuously suffering from one or other kind of unhealthy infections
• Red spots on the skin
• Pale skin tone
• Restlessness and tiredness
• Inflammation of lymph
• Increased size of liver and lungs
• Rectal bleeding
• Body ache
• Nose bleedings and too much sweating
Medical attention is needed if someone faces persistent fatty in themselves and a high fever which does not improve within a week. Also, any of the above symptoms, if noticed for more than a week, must not be ignored and appointments need to be fixed for the further diagnosis and proper treatment for leukaemia disorder/blood cancer.
The exact cause of leukaemia or blood cancer is yet to be discovered by scientists. But researchers show that the disease is caused by several risk factors developed in the human body. These include the following-
• Genetic abnormalities such as down syndrome
• Family or parental history
• Portion 2 various harmful toxins of the environment like Benzene and chemical pesticides
• Excessive smoking and alcoholism
• Excessive eating of junk spicy foods for a long time
• Previous exposure to some other kind of cancer
• To various therapies like chemotherapy and Radiation therapy
• Exposure to some other blood-related disorders
What measures can you take to reduce the risk of blood cancer yourself? Yes, leukaemia is preventable. One can go for the following Indian home remedies to reduce its risk themselves –
• Reduce your exposure to chemical factories which produce benzene and chemical pesticides
• Avoid smoking and alcoholism as much as you can
• Exercise regularly and practice mindfulness
• Go for a healthy diet. You can take the help of a dietitian to prepare a healthy diet chart for yourself. Add garlic and berries and other such food which reduce the risk of blood cancer to your diet chart
• Add turmeric to your diet. Drink turmeric milk every night for the best results
• Instead of consuming white salt, add rock salt and peppermint to food.
• Learn to manage stress in this stressful life
Fact – this is a partial myth. Leukemia is not curable completely but the disease can be managed and the symptoms can be reduced to a great extent and it can increase the lifespan of the person if treatment is provided properly.
Fact – this statement is not true. There are many cancer patients who take care of themselves by going for proper diet exercising regularly proper medication and regular visits to their doctor. If you follow these very casual steps in your daily life you can also live a normal life where you can enjoy your work life and live happily without stress . All you need is confidence in yourself to fight the disease.
One test cannot give the proper result of blood cancer. Hence, several examinations are required to diagnose blood cancer. These include the following of them-
• Blood test
• Urine analysis
• Study medical history
• Physical test to check the swelling and bleeding of lamps.
• Bone marrow test
• CT scan
• MRI tests
The treatment for the disorder is very after the diagnosis result. It differs on the type of leukaemia you have. Some of the common treatments provided by the doctors include the following-
• Radiation therapy
• Targeted drug therapy
• Bone marrow transplantation
• Chimeric antigen receptor therapy or (CAR) – T cell therapy
• Other home remedies for a healthy lifestyle.
Answer – the survival rate of blood cancer is around 65% and one can live more than five years if they care of themselves properly
Answer – No , blood cancer is not contagious. It can not spread through touch or not even through any kind of blood transfusion.
Answer – No , leukemia is not completely curable but the disease can be managed and reduced if properly taken care of .
Answer – yes , honestly leukaemia is fatal but the death rate is declining with time and the survival rate have shown improvement over years.