What is low Blood Pressure? Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Diet
Low blood pressure or hypertension is a medical state where the rate of the blood pressure in the arteries becomes lower than there normal. When the Mercury reading is 90 mm it is said to be normal blood pressure but when it starts declining it is the condition of low blood pressure.
The symptoms of hypertension start worsening with age and proper treatment is needed to provide or else it may lead to various severe complications in One’s body.
The abnormality of hypotension can affect your everyday life very badly and you may start feeling restless and have headaches all the time. Their food proper diagnosis and treatment at an early stage is really important to live a balanced healthy life as before.
• Postprandial hypotension – postprandial hypotension effect people of older age for an hour or two when they have their meals.
• Postural hypotension – orthostatic hypertension occurs in a person when they are standing or sitting for a long time in one place. The state majorly affects pregnant women and their common in all.
• Multiple system atrophy hypotension – when abnormalities start occurring in the nervous system of the person’s body it leads to multiple system atrophy.
• Vision loss
• Restlessness all the day
• Unable to concentrate in the workplace
• Weakness and tiredness
• Pale skin tone
• Shallow breathing
• Rapid pulse rate
A medical consult is needed if anyone faces the above symptoms which do not show any kind of improvement within a few days.
Blood pressure depends on many Lifestyle factors like the way you sit, your stress level, your other medication consumption or bad habits or any kind of substance abuse. However, some of the most common causes of hypertension include the following of them-
• Being pregnant
• Dehydrated from inside
• Menstruation or some other reason of blood loss
• Genetics / hereditary
• Suffering from viral infections and allergies like septicaemia or anaphylaxis
• Hormonal imbalances
• Vitamin, fibre or some other nutrient deficiency in your body from a long time
• Consuming less sodium than needed
• Consumption of some other kind of medication or drug for a long time like water pills, alpha-blockers, beta-blockers, antidepressants and others
• Aged people have a chance to develop low blood pressure issues in their body automatically
The prevention of hypotension need not be extended a lot. You just need to take care of very basic things in your everyday life to stay healthy. Some of the precautional measures include the following-
• Stay hydrated. Drink a lot of fluids every single day
• Quit alcoholism, smoking or any other substance abuse if you do
• Without your doctor’s prescription please do not go for any kind of OTC medication or drug
• exercise regularly
• Have an adequate amount of sleep of at least 7 hours every day
• Practice yoga and meditation
• Learn to manage stress
• Avoid exposure to toxins in the environment
• Avoid lifting heavy weight (especially if you are a woman)
• Have a healthy diet with proper vitamins, fibre, calcium and essential nutrients
Fact – low blood pressure may not show its worst side in the beginning but in the long term it can even lead to death. Their food the symptoms for hypotension must never be ignored and doctor consult need to be taken at any cost.
Fact – the risk of generating low blood pressure is more in aged people but it can affect people of any age even now the rate of children’s for hypotension are also increasing.
Fact – this statement is not true. Yes restlessness is one of the symptom of low blood pressure but it is also the symptom of many other medical conditions . Only proper diagnosis can help in this state.
Fact – yes chances may be higher for you to suffer from hypotension but it also depend on your lifestyle factors. If you choose to adapt yourself to a very healthy and fit life then nothing can harm you .
Doctors may ask questions about your symptoms and also go for various tests and examinations to detect your hypotension.
• Blood sample
• Urine analysis
• Study your past medical history
• Electrocardiogram test or ECG test
• Tilted table test
Before treatment, one must keep in mind that blood pressure issues can never be solved completely and the disease can only be managed and reduced to a certain level.
The level of treatment also differs depending upon the stage at which you are currently in.
• Compression elastic stockings
• Drugs like fludrocortisone and orvaten
• You may be suggested to hire a dietitian who prepares a proper diet plan for you which include protein-rich, fibre-rich, calcium
• rich, vitamin-rich and other nutrient-rich foods and also with a low carbohydrate intake
• Sodium supplements
• Fluid supplements
• You can also be suggested to hire a body trainer for helping you get a perfect body physique
Answer – a person with low blood pressure experience a high level of dizziness and restlessness in themselves which can easily frustrated their whole work life also.
Answer – no low blood pressure is a life long disease but yes many people have fought the disease and the symptoms are seen in them next to no.
Answer – yes low blood pressure can easily be fatal if you do not take care of your health and take things lightly.