What is Urinary Tract Infection – Bladder Infection
Urine pass is the most essential functioning thing in the human body. By urine passage only, a person flushes out all the toxins and wastes from the body. But, the problem occurs when infections and bacteria are born in their tract.
Urinary tract infections or UTIs are the most common infection in one’s urine network. It can occur in your kidney, bladder, urethra, and ureters and also includes other urinary tracts. Although UTIs can happen to any person irrespective of their age and gender females who are 65+ age are more prone to get affected by this.
The basic reason for urinary infections is getting exposure to bacteria in the surrounding environment and having sexual intercourse without protection which especially includes oral sex. . UTIs can be treated easily by taking care of a diet plan, and eating fruits like apples and berries and going for proper anti-bacterial medications.
If urinary tract infections are left untreated, they can lead a person to certain person like uterus cancers, kidney disease and other such diseases.
A person suffering from UTI may experience burning sensations in the vaginal area ( especially while urinating, bleeding, blockage while urinating or not feeling completely urinated even after urinating, and dark cloudy urine structure with a strong smell.
What are the signs and symptoms of Urinary Tract Infections ?
The symptoms of urinary tract infections depend upon the type of UTI you suffer. However, A person may experience or go through the following common things if they suffer from urinary tract infections –
• Strapping to urinate
• Often urinating
• Not able to do complete urination at once ( even after trying a lot)
• Very small and aggregate urination
• Whitish – Cloudy appearance urine
• Strong, harsh smell from urine
Symptoms based on your type of urinary tract infections
• Swollen and inflamed uterus lining
• Bleeding while urinating
• Uncontrollable urine
• Cloudy urine
• Fever ( mild or moderate)
• Pain in the abdominal region
• Bad smell of urine
• Severe high fever
• Pain in the backbone
You must go for medical help if you think you may have UTI based on sudden changes in your urinary tract. If you experience the above-explained symptoms of urinary tract infections which rather does not improve within one week or two weeks, perhaps increase and worsen with days, you need not delay things and fix an appointment with your doctor. Also, if you go for a regular check-up with the doctor, then you need to worry a bit less as things will come out during check-ups.
The usual cause of UTI’s nothing but the certain bacteria which have entered your urinary area due to your own certain day–to–day activities and expanding with time.
In the majority of the cases, the bacteria causing UTI is the Escherichia coli bacteria or E – Coli bacteria or Gastrointestinal bacteria.
Moreover, the various reasons that lead to the formation of such bacterias in your urinary tracts include the following –
• Sexual intercourse – no matter how much protected sex you have, you can never prevent yourself completely. Almost 90% of people in the world get STD’s least once in their life. Especially, oral sex increases the risk even more.
• Using toilet papers for wiping – if a person uses toilet paper all the time for cleaning their anal region, and never uses water, the case becomes really unhygienic giving birth to various bacterial infections.
• Abnormal anatomy – abnormal anatomy is Inserting/placing some device or tool in the urinary tract.
• Being women
• Using various kinds of birth controls
• Being pregnant
• Use of catheter
• Blockage in urine area
The UTIs generally do not lead to any kind of complications or the cases are almost rare. But things and situations depend from person to person. So, one must know about the complications it may lead to which involves the following of them –
• Permanent organ damage (kidney)
• Premature birth
• Low weight of the born child
• Tapering of the Urethra
• Keep yourself clean. If having sexual intercourse, bath after that and also urinate after sex to let the toxins and purify the bladder and flush out of the body.
• Stay hydrated. Drink 8-10 glasses of water every single day.
• Go for cranberry juice once a day
• Do not go for market-based intimate wash, intimate lighting creams and other such cosmetics. The vagina is a very sensitive part and you cannot apply anything to it. If you want to lighten your skin tone and texture or anything to improve your intimate area, please consult the doctor. They provide the best possible and safe method for everything.
• Wear clean underwear and wash them every day.
• Shave or trim your intimate hairs. Especially women get periods and they need to clean their pubic region regularly.
• Get the safest birth control method. Do not go for birth control techniques like Diaphragms or unlubricated condoms, which can all contribute to bacterial growth.
• Wipe off your anal region from front to back area after urinating and stool pass.
• Use heating pads for yourself.
Fact – UTI’s occur both in male and female. However , the risk factors are more in females.
Fact – UTI’s may occur due to sex but sex is not the only reason to get UTI’s. One can get urinary tract infection due to many other factors as explained above in the causes section.
Fact – this is a big myth. UTI’s can be easily solved if treated. But u need not be very careless about your infection as they can lead to severe life threatening issues like cancers and permanent organ damage.
Doctors may go through the following tests and examinations to study your urinary tract infections –
• Urine analysis
• Blood sample
• Cystoscopy to study your bladder
• CT scan
• Magnetic resonance imaging tests (MRI).
- Some of the common antibiotic drugs that may be suggested by your doctor can include –
- Antipyretic analgesics – These NSAIDs are provided to get rid of your body pain, burning sensations and the urge to urinate frequently.
Answer – on an average , 6-7 times of urine passage is completely ok.
Answer – Urinary tract infections themselves directly are not fatal but yes it can to fatal disorders like uterus cancer , kidney damage which are the cause of sudden death.
Answer – you may visit the following –